Tyroid Cancer Rate Can Increase Due To Multiple Dental X Rays
Taking more number of dental x rays could now result in thyroid cancer as per the research done by researchers of Kuwait, England’s Cambridge and Brighton.
The thyroid Cancer rates have doubled up to 2.9 for every 100,000 in the year 2006 from 1.4 per 100,000 in the year 1975.
A study was done on three hundred patients that were diagnosed with thyroid cancer found that the number of x rays increased the risk of this disease now making researchers re-think if dental radiography was actually safe. Kuwait showed higher incidences of the disease than UK. But it is also agreed that the surrounding tissues of the thyroid gland as well as the thyroid is very sensitive to radiation.
Earlier studies proved the existence of a link between cancers of the thyroid, of the brain and salivary glands and the dental x rays that are taken which concluded that the dentists and their assistants are at a very high risk of acquiring tumors.
Oral cancers and thyroid cancers, usually the rarest of cancers seem to have exploded in the past decade showing a doubled up number of patients by the year 2006.
This gland is located in the neck is usually exposed to lots of radiation from the many dental x rays that are taken. Ionizing radiation causes sensitivity in this gland especially for young children.
The researchers say “the results of their study should be treated with caution because the data were necessarily based on self-reporting by the participants. Comprehensive historical dental x-ray records were not available from the clinics."
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power