Genetic Errors Linked to Autism Cases
Researchers have managed to spot genetic errors linked to autism cases, which will prove helpful in treating urgent health problems of the 21st century. The findings were published in the journal Nature, which confirm the vital role that genes play in autism.
Autism is marked by social isolation, speech problems and strange, recurring movements. The genes of 996 people, with autism and 1,287 without it were studied by the scientists with the Autism Genome Project.
Stephen Scherer, Director of the McLaughlin Center and the Center for Applied Genomics shared that they have been able to find dozens of genes involved. As a matter of fact, each autism family might be suffering from their own genetic form of autism. The disparities are quite unusual.
Andy Shih, Vice President of Scientific Affairs at Autism Speaks has funded the study.
He said, “This validates and confirms a hypothesis long held by researchers in this community that autism, instead of having just one or two genetic risk factors, is likely to have hundreds, and these are usually identified by these sudden deletions or insertions in the genome called copy number variants”.
People with autism faced more losses and duplications of whole chunks of DNA and these deletions can disrupt the work of the genes.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies