Lloyd to sell stake in BOS
Lloyds Banking Group has decided to sell a major stake in the Bank of Scotland Integrated Finance, with its private equity wing, to Coller Capital wrapped up in a deal that totals the assets of the group at £480m.
The deal shall be finalized by paying Coller £332m for making a 70 per cent stake in the new joint venture called Cavendish Square Partners, with Lloyds taking the remaining 30 per cent.
The sale of approximately 40 private equity investments has entailed the value of the portfolio around £480m, and along with that, the small premium with regards to the book value of the same.
Lloyds has donned the venture since it saved the HBOS in a takeover which was declared in the month of September 2008, which required governmental support for itself.
Further the contentious joint finance unit took the equity bet in the groups as well as lending them the required debt.
But then HBOS incurred huge losses on the stakes they made, which they bought with a high price ranging in the market. This deal entailed Coller and its assets with a face value less than half the price with which it was acquired during the boom years.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies