Canada May Ban Production and Export of Asbestos
Many Government organizations have asked the central and provincial Governments of Canada to stop investing in the asbestos industry and also to ban the export of this mineral.
The organizations include the National Specialty Society for Community Medicine (NSSCM), Canadian Public Health Association (CPHA) and the Canadian Medical Association (CMA).
The country gives funds for the mining of asbestos. It also encourages the export of the mineral to the overseas market, which basically constitutes developing countries like India and Indonesia.
These countries are not aware of the fact that it is a toxic material and can be very dangerous to health.
Chairperson of the CPHA Board of Directors, Dr. Cordell Neudorf, revealed that there is a scientific confirmation that exposure to the mineral during mining and dispensing is dangerous to health. He further said that these countries did not have adequate security measures.
Dr. Anne Doig, President of the Canadian Medical Association, said that it is unbelievable that they would limit the use of asbestos in Canada, but carry on with its export throughout the world.
The U. S. Geological Survey revealed that in the year 2009, 180,000 tons of asbestos was produced and exported to eighty countries in the world.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden