St. Paul's Hospital Unveils Its $15-million Emergency Department
St. Paul's Hospital officially unveiled its new emergency department on Thursday, reporting to be worth over $15 million.
The renovation, which took almost three years to conclude, will reduce patients time wasted in standing and permit the hospital to treat more patients, posted Health Services Minister, Kevin Falcon at a news conference.
The province served as a financial back for its $10 million worth renovation with the help of Vancouver Coastal Health. St. Paul's Hospital Foundation contributed nearly $4.7 million in donations using private parties.
A proposal to transfer the hospital to a site along False Creek is not on the mind as of now, Herbert outlined. The province facilitated $10 million for the renovation; however, they also extended $5 million to hold the potential site.
The emergency-department renovation is deemed to be very essential for the hospital's future, Herbert posted. "We know it's going to stay, but staying as it is just won't work", he added.
However, Falcon remained silent on revealing about any further funding plans for St. Paul's Hospital.
Thirty emergency departments across the province have been refurbished as part of the largest capital investment initiative in the history of B. C., Falcon outlined.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power