Province Bearing the Cost of Flu Vaccination
Individuals will not have to wait to see an occasion, when the cost of getting a seasonal flu shot this year, lowered.
The H1N1 virus might again be a widespread flu strain, so the county is covering the expenditure for everyone, Health Minister, Maureen MacDonald said on Thursday.
After the preceding year's H1N1 concerns, the authorities took the decision that it would be a really good thing this year, if the vaccination could be made available to the general public, where populace does not have to pay for it.
In preceding years, only citizens in high-risk groups, for example, seniors, kids from six to 23 months and pregnant women, got their shots for free.
The county will order 410,000 doses of the seasonal vaccine, in contrast to the usual 350,000 doses, Dr. Robert Strang, the province's Chief Public Health Officer, said in a meeting on Thursday.
The bigger order will cost from $1.2 million to $1.4 million.
The authorities have said that they are trying to strike a balance to ensure that sufficient vaccination doses are available to be administered to the public.
The county is not planning to hold mass vaccination clinics as had been done during the epidemic in the previous year.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies