Mercedes launches sports car - SLS AMG in India
Premium car maker, Mercedes-Benz announced the launch of its new sports car called SLS AMG on Friday in the Indian market.
The company had earlier showcased the car in during the Auto Expo 2010 at New Delhi. The super sports car is powered by a 6.2 litre engine and comes with speedshift sports transmission. The car can run at a top speed of 317 km per hour.
The SLS-AMG which can achieve speed from 0 to 100 in just 3.8 seconds is here to burn the Indian roads and the company received 10 confirmed bookings for the car in the month of June. The AMG Performance Studio offers a range of customized opportunities.
“Today India joins the elite ranks of the first few RHD markets globally to launch this mean machine. Given the strong demand for this car, I assure you that it is really a very strong and positive statement and shows the esteem that India as a market holds for us,” CEO of Mercedes-AMG GmbH, Ola Kaellenius said in a statement.
The SLS AMG has attracted people from around the world for its design, intelligent lightweight construction and superior handling dynamics.
According to Dr. Wilfried Aulbur, Managing Director and CEO of Mercedes-Benz India, the car stands for the spirit of the company brand, 'The Best or Nothing' and it combines passion, performance, design, technology and engineering excellence.
SLS AMG also runs on the F1 circuits where it is chosen as the Official F1 Safety Car and it is deployed whenever the situation on the circuit is not safe for race cars.
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG is expected to be priced at a whooping Rs. 2 -2.50 crore and buyers will have to wait for 6-8 months for delivery after the booking is made.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network