Misread Reports to Be Reexamined
While the evaluation is being considered very essential, it is also very difficult at the same time. It has been decided that the most recent reports or images would be reexamined first. This whole revaluation thing would mean 7,500 examinations involving 6,300 patients.
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan have come out with a very astonishing report saying that there had been some mistakes regarding analytic imaging elucidation.
The Cypress Health Region is now busy reviewing and revaluating all the CT scans, mammograms, X-rays and fluoroscopy reports so as to ensure proper safety.
The Cypress Health Region's CEO asserted that the only purpose was to see to it that any patients report had not been misread by the physician and that the course of treatment was to be changed.
Some randomly selected 90 reports of January 2010 were reviewed by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan, which notified that 12 patients were being given a different treatment, something that they did not need. There reports had been misread.
A further analysis of 140 more random cases from January 2008 to June 2010 found 19 more such cases, where patients CT scan reports had been misconstrued.
All this has lead to a deeper analysis of the case and it has been decided that all the reports from January 2008 and May 2010 will be reevaluated. They would then be told to change their treatment, if necessary.
Cypress Health Region's CEO said "I fully appreciate the concern and anxiety that today's announcement may cause our patients. However, we are committed to following through on this review and we will be using region resources to get the results of this evaluation completed as quickly as possible".
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden