Market in Hong Kong Falls with the Decline in U.S. Profits
The fall in the Hong Kong stocks has made the benchmark index to touch the lowest. This slide in the shares has been caused due to the decreased profits of Companies like Bank of America Corp. and Citigroup Inc.
The biggest U. S. lender, Bank of America Corp., has seen 11% decrease in its revenue and Citigroup has also reported a fall of 38% in its income during the second quarter.
This fall has once again reduced the confidence of the consumers in the market.
The fall has been reported by almost all the Companies. Li & Fung Ltd. has also reported fall of 2.6%. Zijin Mining Group Co. has also faced the loss of 2.8% in its stocks. The metal giant, Aluminum Corp. of China Ltd., lost 2.8% due to the reduced price of metal.
"Poor consumer sentiment and lackluster company earnings will undermine a U. S. recovery and hint at a slowdown in the economy", said Benjamin Tam, who is a Portfolio Manager at IG Investment Ltd.
China has been working hard to cool the prices of property market, which has led to a decline of 8.3% in the Hang Seng index. The market is also affected by the prevalent adverse conditions in the Europe's economy.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids