Mercedes Benz India sells record 521 units in July
German luxury carmaker, Mercedes Benz India has reported record sales of 521 units in the month of July in India. The company was able to sell 288 units in the same month in 2009 and hence recorded an increase of over 80 per cent.
The number of vehicles sold in the highest ever monthly sales since the company first stepped into the country fifteen years ago. The high sales were driven by E class models with 212 units sold in the month followed by sports utility vehicles (SUV) with 62 units.
During the Jan-July 2010 period, it sold 2,922 units compared to 1,670 units sold during the same period last year.
Mercedes-Benz India's Director and CEO, Wilfried Aulbur said, "July has been the best-ever month in the history of Mercedes-Benz in India. Commitment to exciting products, world-class ownership experience and engaging customer programs will continue to be our focus areas towards appreciation of our customers for Mercedes-Benz,"
The company is getting ready to offer multiple variants in the B-Class in its 2012 model year. The Mercedes-Benz B-Class has been successful in other markets around the world. The hind end models have sold more than
120,000 units during its first sale year.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden