Mercedes Benz India sells record 521 units in July
German luxury carmaker, Mercedes Benz India has reported record sales of 521 units in the month of July in India. The company was able to sell 288 units in the same month in 2009 and hence recorded an increase of over 80 per cent.
The number of vehicles sold in the highest ever monthly sales since the company first stepped into the country fifteen years ago. The high sales were driven by E class models with 212 units sold in the month followed by sports utility vehicles (SUV) with 62 units.
During the Jan-July 2010 period, it sold 2,922 units compared to 1,670 units sold during the same period last year.
Mercedes-Benz India's Director and CEO, Wilfried Aulbur said, "July has been the best-ever month in the history of Mercedes-Benz in India. Commitment to exciting products, world-class ownership experience and engaging customer programs will continue to be our focus areas towards appreciation of our customers for Mercedes-Benz,"
The company is getting ready to offer multiple variants in the B-Class in its 2012 model year. The Mercedes-Benz B-Class has been successful in other markets around the world. The hind end models have sold more than
120,000 units during its first sale year.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power