Maruti offers older WagonR’s LPG edition until new is ready
Automaker, Maruti Suzuki India is now offering the LPG model of the older version of Wagon R until the LPG version of the new generation Wagon R is developed by the company engineers.
The company said that the older LPG version will be discontinued when the LPG version of the new model is ready for launch. However, this is not expected to happen this fiscal as the work on the variant has just begun at the R&D division, according to Maruti Suzuki India Chief General Manager (Marketing) Shashank Srivastava.
"We are now selling the 'Duo' and it will continue till the LPG variant of the new WagonR is ready. The work on new LPG is going on," he said.
Maruti had discontinued the 'Duo' variant of the old WagonR which came in both petrol and LPG options. Duo accounted for about 20-22 per cent of total WagonR sales that sold between 10,000-12,000 units a month. The LPG variant of the model costs about Rs. 3.68 lakh.
The new generation WagonR which was launched in April is now available in petrol only version. The new version is price in the range of 3.28 lakh and Rs 3.81 lakh. The vehicle is based on the latest platform of the vehicle available in Japan and is powered by 998cc K-series engine which is BS-IV compliant.
Maruti has invested Rs290 crore for upgrading the WagonR the sale of which has crossed 9 lakhs since its inception some 11 years ago. WagonR compete with the likes of Chevrolet Beat, Hyundai i10 and Ford Figo in the Indian market.
Maruti is expected to launch the CNG edition of Wagon R this month. It will also launch the CNG version of four other models including Alto, Estilo, Eeco and SX4.in the second week of the month.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids