Mercedez-Benz sales rise 11.2 percent in July in USA
The USA unit of the luxury car maker, Mercedez-Benz announced on Tuesday that it recorded 11.2 percent increase in sales last month when compared to July 2009 in the country.
The company sold 18,048 units in the month of July this year up from 16,228 in the same month last year. The 9th generation E-Class recorded highest number of units sold at 5,462 even as it was lower by 1.7 percent for the model compared to July last year.
The sales of the R-Class crossover rose nine times to 314 from 36 last year. The R-Class models are manufactured at Mercedes-Benz U. S. International plant in Vance. As for the whole year, the sales went down 15 percent for the model.
The company sold 1,179 units in the GL-Class with an increase of 39.7 percent in the month. It had sold 844 in July 2009. As for the whole year, the GL-Class rose 47.2 percent.
The M-Class recorded 17.9 percent increase in sales with 1,973 sold when compared to 1,674 units sold in July 2009. The M-Class recorded a growth of 17 % in the whole year.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies