Mercedez-Benz sales rise 11.2 percent in July in USA
The USA unit of the luxury car maker, Mercedez-Benz announced on Tuesday that it recorded 11.2 percent increase in sales last month when compared to July 2009 in the country.
The company sold 18,048 units in the month of July this year up from 16,228 in the same month last year. The 9th generation E-Class recorded highest number of units sold at 5,462 even as it was lower by 1.7 percent for the model compared to July last year.
The sales of the R-Class crossover rose nine times to 314 from 36 last year. The R-Class models are manufactured at Mercedes-Benz U. S. International plant in Vance. As for the whole year, the sales went down 15 percent for the model.
The company sold 1,179 units in the GL-Class with an increase of 39.7 percent in the month. It had sold 844 in July 2009. As for the whole year, the GL-Class rose 47.2 percent.
The M-Class recorded 17.9 percent increase in sales with 1,973 sold when compared to 1,674 units sold in July 2009. The M-Class recorded a growth of 17 % in the whole year.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power