DDA unable to finish Vasant Kunj flats in time for CW games
The Delhi Development Authority will not be able to finish flats in Vasant Kunj area of the national capital, which are meant for Commonwealth Games delegates.
The multi-storey flats under construction in the pockets D6 and D7 of Vasant Kunj were to be offered as three star accommodations to tourists, volunteers and delegates and were ideally meant to be handed over to Indian Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) by March 2010 for furnishing them.
Some DDA engineers have said that the flats will now take between four to six months to complete. The structures of the flats are ready but masonry work like plastering is yet to begin both inside and outside the structures. Workers are now connecting the structures with the main lines and laying the tile floorings and fixing tiles in bathrooms and kitchens.
The Lieutenant-Governor and the DDA chairman, the engineers have written to the ministry of urban development saying that the flats will not be ready in time. After a meeting of the DDA engineers it was decided that it is not possible to compete the flats until August 31 when they are expected to be handed over to the ITDC.
Officials cited reasons like shortage of workers as most workers returned to Bihar for the crop season and of about 8,000 construction workers, only 2500 are available for the delay in the project. Meanwhile, two contractors left the project saying that they will not be able to meet the deadline.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power