Aston Martin planning India foray
While the UK based auto major has taken its own time in realising the potential of the Indian market but Aston Martin, the car that James Bond made famous through many Ian Fleming flicks is now all set to take the Indian consumer by surprise and will soon be making inroads in the domestic circuit.
While the auto major is expected to make its India foray with a hefty price tag of Rs. 3 crores on its vehicles, it is believed that the company will set the roads of India on fire by the end of this year.
It has been learned from sources that the auto major has tied up with Infinity Cars to open its first showroom in Mumbai.
Moreover, it has been learned from the sources close to the development that Aston Martin has signed an agreement with Mumbai-based Infinity Cars (which is also a dealer of BMW), and appointed the home-grown company as the company's exclusive distributor for the Indian market.
In fact, the company will initially sell four models, V8, DB9, Rapide and DBS, in India and the ex-showroom prices have almost been finalised.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids