Aegon makes profit in Q2
The Dutch insurer Aegon NV has announced its second quarter financial results for the ongoing fiscal.
It has informed that, the company has registered a profit in the second quarter of the year. The quarter has been quite successful for the company as there have been improved gains on investments with very few loss cases.
The impairment charges have been the lowest among all the quarters in last two years of time. The company has managed to post a profit in this quarter against a net loss for the similar quarter in the previous fiscal year. The performance in the reviewed quarter has been reasonably well and satisfactory.
The net profit of the company is reported to be euro413 million ($532 million). Aegon NV has suffered a loss of euro161 million for the corresponding quarter in the preceding financial year. Hence ether has been a growth of 11% in the profit figure in the second quarter of the year.
Investment gains of the company were euro148 million which was euro21 million for the year ago period. Impairment charges have fallen down to euro77 million from euro394 million of last year.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study