Project Canvas in a lookout for Device Partners
Project Canvas seeks for manufacturers who wish to develop hardware that will aid in this unique project offering.
Tech Radar claims that the IPTV project, led by BBC has officially asked the renowned names of manufacturing industries to help create a Canvas-enabled hardware device.
The device might be a DVR, Internet-connected television or could be a set-top box.
Richard Halton, director of Project Canvas stated: "Canvas is stepping up its engagement with industry as we get closer to releasing the final set of technical documents to the DTG this month, and launching a consumer product next year."
A few of the companies who have shown their keenness to join the firm includes ADB, Amino, Broadcom, Echostar, Intel, Sagem, ST, LG and TVonics, and supposedly might feature as the future device partners in association with Project Canvas.
Techwatch the tech reporter claims that Cisco, Humax and Technicolor are already in process of building the device for Project Canvas. The last date to hoist the services is 25 August when Device Partner applications can be sent to the following address; email@example.com.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain