Priest released a ‘Cease-And-Desist’ Order from BestBuy
Consumer retailer giant BestBuy has released a cease-and-desist order to a US priest due to a logo that was similar to the logo posted on his Volkswagon Beetle which as per the company is very similar to its Geek Squad Technical support service.
Two years prior to this news, Father Luke Strand had claimed this logo to be similar to the notion of 'God Squad', which was deliberately released to attract more of the followers towards the Christian faith.
It is said that the God Squad logo that is put on the black-and-white Beetle, gains strong resemblance with the Geek Squad logo.
Best Buy has released a court order against Strand, stating whether or not to change the logo-or might as well stop suing it totally.
Father Luke Strand refused to post any sorts of comments, but his close friend and colleague Father Dan Janasik reported to the Journal Sentinel that "There was never any kind of formal God Squad group or organization. Father Luke and some friends simply decided to design a car that would act as a cool and fun way to bring our faith into the public. It's just a conversation starter."
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain