Jobs might introduce iPod updates today
Apple CEO Steve Jobs is expected to release updates for its popular music player, Steve Jobs, the device that was the reason for building a ‘cool’ image for the company among customers.
Mr. Jobs is expected to release the updates for the device in an event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco. The updates might include a front-facing camera on the iPod Touch to allow it to use Apple's new FaceTime video chat technology.
He may also launch a Wi-Fi-equipped iPod Nano allowing users to stream music on the device. Apple usually introduces iPad updates in September and the company may completely focus on the device on the event.
The digital players has been able to attract a large number of customers to Apple stores and introducing them to other devices from the company like Mac PC and pushing up sales. The iPod was launched about nine years ago but is not the flagship product of the company as demand for iPhone and iPad took the company to great heights.
Apple sold 9.41 million iPods during the third quarter ended June 26 which is down 8 per cent from same quarter previous year. Over the years Apple has given its due attention to iPod in special events and different versions like hard-drive based iPod Classic, the iPhone-like iPod Touch, the thumb-sized Shuffle and the Nano with video camera.
Most experts expect the company to focus on updates for the iPod but some suggest that it could also release some updates for Apple TV.
A report suggests that Apple could announce the launch of a new $99 set-top box which includes movie access from Netflix. Apple is also getting ready for the launch of a 7-inch tablet computer in the iPad line called the iPad nano in spring.
New Zealand News
- German automaker Volkswagen invests $620 million in Northvolt to secure EV battery supply
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power
- Stellantis reportedly in talks with Rome to build gigafactory in Italy
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands