Car sales at all-time high!
While the Indian automobile industry is facing a couple of challenges in the form of component shortage and supply constraints, but the fact of the matter is that it is going through one of the its best growth phases in the Indian market.
In fact, the latest figures released by the industry body, Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers has said that the car sales in the Indian market are at an all-time high. According to the figures released, the car sales hit 160,794 vehicles in August, up 33.2 percent from the year before.
Angel Broking analyst Vaishali Jajoo said that the demand has been rising on a constant basis in the Indian market. Moreover, Jajoo also pointed out that this is even after that the auto majors have passed on the impact to the consumers due to the rising commodity prices. As far as the commercial vehicle segment is concerned, the unit sales totalled 52,030, up 28.1 percent from a year earlier.
It is believed that the boom will prevail for the remaining months as well. In fact, several auto majors are eying more demand from the Indian consumer due to the upcoming festive season.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network