RBI to intervene in case Re goes past 43 mark
People who are close to the currency matters and the RBI have said that the apex bank will start intervening into the exchange rate system, the moment rupee crosses the 43 level mark against the US dollar.
As long as that happens, the government is cool. The comfort range set by them is between 43 and 45, said the officials on October 15. In the last month or so the rupee has appreciated by 3.7 per cent to touch 44.42 per every dollar.
While the policy makers are not in mood to curb the capital outflow from the overseas, they also want to protect the exporters by buying out dollars, the official who did not wish to be named said.
Subir Gokhran, Deputy Governor of RBI had already said that the RBI is going to sell rupee in the market so as to curb the growth of value. In terms of value, the rupee is the second-best performer in Asia after Japan during this month.
This has prompted big exporters like Infosys to go for restrictive measures and also capping the currency's strength.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network