Breast cancer awareness spread
The second annual Breast Cancer Awareness harness racing fundraising event will take place on November 10; this was announced by the Meadows Racetrack & Casino and the Meadows Standardbred Owners Association.
Magee Women's Hospital's Breast Cancer Program will reap benefits from this program. From two designated races that evening, the MSOA and the racetrack have agreed to donate their pari-mutuel commissions. Leading up to the event, donations will be collected by the MSOA additionally.
For that evening there is an all-female drivers’ race on the cards. Last year, to Magee Hospital through the event, the MSOA and the track combined to donate $8,000 and it is being thought that 2010 will also be a success when it comes to the event.
In another development, among young women, two fundamental aspects of preventing breast cancer were promoted by the Boarding For Breast Cancer, or B4BC, foundation being leading an active life and early detection.
To educate and raise awareness in breast cancer among students, the non-profit, youth-focused foundation was welcomed by Cal State Long Beach.
During the month of October, in an attempt to promote awareness on breast cancer, B4BC collaborated with six Southern California universities.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden