Many enroll for Cycle Chester Workplace Challenge
In the Cycle Chester Workplace Challenge which runs until October 31, around 79 companies and 582 cyclists have pledged to get on their bike.
Cycle to work at least once has been committed by companies and their cycling employees over the two weeks of the challenge.
Blog about the journey can be posted as well as journeys can be logged online that is funded by Cycling England. For nine members of staff without bikes, Chester Zoo took up the offer of a bike loan scheme.
In six categories relating to the size of the workforce, the challenge is open to companies and apart from this as prizes there are six bikes which will be given.
Community and Environment Executive Member, Councillor Lynn Riley feels that the imagination and enthusiasm of local businesses has been captured by this challenge.
Hastings Mayor Lawrence Yule said, "It really started with the Napier Rotary Pathways but has since grown to include a whole range of activities including the planned New Zealand Cycle Trail through the Tuki Tuki valley, the Walking and Cycling Model Communities project which will make biking and walking in Hastings a much more compelling choice.”
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain