Tweet helps nab iPhone thief
Alex Wilson, a ten year old boy helped catch an iPhone thief after by posting his picture on micro blogging site, Twitter.
Alex and his dad drove past 24-year-old Craig Royal in Darlington, Co Durham while he stole the device from a walker. The schoolboy quickly used his dad’s mobile phone to take a picture of Royal who was riding a bike.
The boy then posted the picture on Twitter with the caption, 'This idiot just robbed someone on Yarm Road about 20 mins ago.' The police noticed the picture and were able to identify the person and arrest him for the theft.
"This young boy was a key witness whose public spiritedness enabled us to quickly identify and arrest the suspect," said Insp Mark Hall.
Alex's dad Dylan described how he and his son were caught in slow traffic when Alex spotted the robbery near their home. He said that Alex was really responsive as he rolled down his window and shouted at him, Oi, what d'ya think you're doing?". When the robber turned to him he quickly took the picture.
Royal has pleaded guilty and has been convicted at Darlington Magistrates' Court and given a 12-month conditional discharge with a £50 fine and £85 costs.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network