UAE wants to be numero uno in chip sector
One of the parts of Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 is to become a market leader in the field of semi-conductor industry. And it plans to do so in the coming five years time.
At present, there are 27,000 engineers, technicians and Emirati graduates who are going to form the talent pool for the sector. There are many more in the making but it has been anticipated that the above mentioned people are going to be recruited in the field. The information was given by a senior official working with the Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC).
Till now, some 33 topics in as many as 8 working papers have already been kept before the government. These papers have been made by professors as well as students. These papers have talked in detail all the aspects that are covered in the semi-conductor industry. Chip industry is one of the most important vertical that Abu Dhabi has been targeting.
Looking at this, Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC) which is also part of the Global Foundries has decided that it will be investing in the sector in Abu Dhabi.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain