Swine flu might kill 25-yr-old pregnant mum
After contracting swine flu, a pregnant woman is fighting for her life in hospital.
Twenty-five-year-old Fallon Devaney is a mother-of-four and because she was struggling for breath was rushed to the Queen's Medical Centre.
The hospital confirmed that she had swine flu as she had been suffering flu symptoms for more than a week.
Devaney is in intensive care and is five months pregnant with her fifth child.
Since she was taken ill on Tuesday, her mother, Linda Fearney, from Beeston Rylands, has been at her daughter's bedside.
Fearney said, "She's near to death and it's touch and go. We do not know if she's going to survive."
A Facebook group called 'Get well soon Fallon' has been set up by friends as a show of support to her and her family.
According to Fearney, Fallon had recently moved from Beeston to Kirk Hallam, near Ilkeston.
She also added that her daughter had not taken vaccination against swine flu.
She further added, "Everyone in the family has gone and had the vaccination since Fallon was taken ill."
Devaney was in a critical condition at the QMC and this was confirmed by a spokesman for Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network