Bupa Great North Run 2011 Preparations begin
The Bupa Great North Run is here and if you wanted to be a part of it then you can take this chance.
In an attempt to secure the first 3,000 guaranteed places for this spectacular half marathon are really important and organizers have been talked to about this.
Places for one of the world are most sought after and most popular half marathon and it is an iconic event. Through the streets of Newcastle and Gateshead to the coast at South Shields, last year, the 13.1-mile route was pounded by 54,000 runners.
Haile Gebrselassie, the greatest distance runner of all time, won the event and it was started by TV hosts Ant and Dec. there are couple of celebrities included and the names are Blue Peter's Helen Skelton, Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills, Nell McAndrew, and X Factor winner Joe McElderry.
The race will take place on Sunday on September 18 and one can be a part of it by entering the ballot before midnight ¬tomorrow. The atmosphere was reported to be electric.
One of the greatest achievements for Susan Gregory was running the last year's event as she lost first child, who was stillborn in December 2004.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study