Energy Drinks with No Energy!
A new study has revealed that energy drinks such as Red Bull, AMP and Rockstart have no health value. They have high levels of caffeine that may be harm children who consume them often.
The so called energy drinks have become highly popular among children. Being highly carbonated these drinks are highly risky for those children who have heart abnormalities, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or other health or emotional problems.
Chairman of Pediatrics at the University of Miami, Lipshultz, claims that energy drinks are set of products which do not contain any health value.
Researchers have found despite the regular warnings, 30%-50% of US teenagers and youngsters consume energy drinks. Many users have found to mix these energy drinks with alcohol which further increases the harmful effects.
The authors of the study have claimed that there is no safe level of energy drinks for children.
An 8-ounce energy drink may contain dozens or hundreds of milligrams of caffeine, compared to 100 milligrams of caffeine in a cup of coffee. The FDA has imposed a limit of 71 mg per 12-ounce on the manufactures but the drink makers do not follow the rule and label the drinks as natural.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden