Marathon runner will be only on McDonald's diet
Joe D’Amico is 36 years old and he will run the March 20 Los Angeles Marathon after eating food from McDonald’s for about 30 days.
His plan was stated in ‘Confessions of a Drive-Thru Runner’ on his blog, McRunner.com.
He said, “My wife thinks I’m crazy. But I love McDonald’s and I love running, and this is a great way to combine them both.”
Runners normally live on lean proteins, fresh veggies and fruits and pasta but this runner is different and will have three meals from McDonald’s that is completely not a runner’s food.
He stated that he eats orange juice or milk along with bagels, Egg McMuffins or hotcakes. A large Coke, two grilled chicken wraps and three-quarters of a bag of French fries in lunch dinner too is a grilled chicken sandwich or two hamburgers without pickles with Coke and a side salad to eat. He eats chocolate chip cookies or hot fudge sundaes in dessert.
He likes McDonald’s food and states that running and this food is the best way to combine and he is looking forward to the marathon. He further added that he has not been paid by McDonald’s.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies