Reduce Health Risk by Weight Loss Surgery
According to the American Heart Association, it was revealed that bariatric surgeries overshadow health risks for obese people.
The bariatric surgeries are meant to curb calorie intake of a person.
"Bariatric procedures are generally safe; however, this is not a benign surgery. At the moment, bariatric surgery should be reserved for patients who can undergo surgery safely, have severe obesity and have failed attempts at medical therapy”, said statement lead author Dr. Paul Poirier, Director of the prevention/rehabilitation program at the Quebec Heart and Lung Institute, Laval University Hospital.
Bariatric surgeries are very important for the improvements in weight-related health problems. These are diabetes, high cholesterol, liver disease, high blood pressure and other cardiovascular dysfunction according to the authors of the report.
However, the authors claim that there are surgical risks in bariatric surgeries. These include infection, internal bleeding, blood clots which can lead to deaths. The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery claimed that it has long-term side effects for patients.
The group also claims that this is the best method for fighting obese and health problems. However, researchers claim that this operation should be done after checking the medical history of the patients.
A study shows that obesity is among the growing health problems in US. The rate of obese is rising at alarming rates.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies