Unit set up by UAE to handle public debt
A unit for managing public debt has been set up by the Ministry of Finance of UAE.
According to Nadia Sultan, of Department of Financial Operations, this unit shall ensure the availability of finances at the least cost and at acceptable risk levels which would develop a healthy debt market.
One of the three units of the Public Debt Management Office (PDMO) shall be answerable to the Finance Minister, and shall be responsible for forming various strategies and financing scenarios and the implementations of the plans of the Debt department.
The statement of the Ministry of Finance of UAE stated, "PDMO will set up a clear and realistic debt management strategy with an underlying aim to develop alternative funding or asset management scenarios to match market opportunities and funding needs, simultaneously evaluating cost of funds, asset yield and risk ratios."
The Ministry further added that the PDMO's recommendations on transactions shall be transparent and accountable and said: "It will prepare its borrowing plans, issuance calendars of government securities and annual reports on the Debt Management Office's activities, to ensure investors can reasonably anticipate the objectives, goals, size, and dates of maturity of debt."
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies