Abu Dhabi Oil Refining Company selects UOP Technology for refinery expansion
Today an announcement was made by UOP LLC, a Honeywell company, that they have been selected by the Abu Dhabi Oil Refining Company, also known as Takreer, with the aim to supply technology and engineering services for an expansion at its Ruwais Refinery in the United Arab Emirates.
Propylene, unleaded gasoline, naphtha, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), aviation turbine fuel, kerosene, gas-oil, bunker fuel and other hydrocarbon derivatives, would be produced by the refinery. Currently, the designs of basic engineering are in progress. By the year 2014, this refinery is expected to be completed.
According to Jasem Al Sayegh from Takreer, “This facility will help us to meet the growing demand for clean fuels and chemicals in the Middle East and around the world. UOP's hydroprocessing solutions are an integral part of this effort.”
An exclusive range of UOP technologies will be used by the new facility, in order to produce clean, low sulfur distillate and gasoline. Heavy feed stocks would be upgraded by the UOP Unicracking(TM) process in juxtaposition with the UOP Distillate Unionfining(TM) process, to produce ultra-low-sulfur diesel. While sulfur from saturated LPG streams will be removed by the UOP Merox(TM) process, the benzene content in the gasoline pool would be managed by the UOP BenSat(TM) process. A hydrotreating unit would also be included in the refinery, which will utilize the UOP Naphtha Hydrotreating process and Distillate Unionfining unit with the aim to produce low-sulfur kerosene. This unit is the largest kerosene-fed hydrotreating unit that has ever been licensed by UOP.
Peter Piotrowski, senior vice president of UOP Process Technology and Equipment, informed, “UOP prides itself on having the most complete offering of hydroprocessing solutions. We have built a portfolio and knowledge base, both internally and through partners, that is designed to meet the unique needs of our customers worldwide. We are pleased to be working with Takreer again to help them maximize return on their assets.”
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies