Obesity Surgeries are Bliss
A recent study in UK has proved that obesity surgeries have a positive impact on health. It was revealed that obesity surgeries help a person to avoid obesity related diseases.
According to the statistical data, it was found that 85.5% reduction in case of type 2 diabetes after two years of obesity surgery.
This report was first claimed by National Bariatric Surgery Registry. This association is a group of Laparoscopic Surgeons, the Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons and the British Obesity and Metabolic Surgical Society. They have recently published this report along with Dendrite Clinical Systems Limited.
This report stated that there were 8,710 successful surgeries carried out in NHS and private sector till the year 2010. The report also stated that in between April 2008 and March 2010, 7,045 surgeries took place.
Almost 10,000 obesity surgeries were carried out in the entire UK in the year 2010. This data came from 86 hospitals across the country. Reports also claimed that most of the obese patients have two or three associated diseases.
“An approach that limits treatment to a fraction of those who would benefit is one which the NHS will rue in years to come as these patients become an unsustainable burden on the health service”, John Black, President of the Royal College of Surgeons said.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids