Matalan opens store in UAE
United Kingdom's number one value department store, Matalan, has made its entry into UAE market, opening its first store at the Arabian Center Mall today. Mr. Guy Warrington, HM Consul General - British Embassy, Dubai, officially launched the store at a grand event, attended by dignitaries and high profile people of the city-state.
Mr. Alistair McGeorge, CEO Matalan, said: "The Arabian Center offers Matalan a great opening into the UAE market. As one of UK's fastest growing retail brands, we are very positive about the brand's reception here."
Established in UK in 1985, Matalan, a leading clothing and home-ware retailer, is distributed in the Middle East by the Business Trading Company (BTC). The new store is one of the largest stores in the Arabian Center Mall, and would offer an eclectic range of products for children, men, women and the elderly under a same roof.
Welcoming Matalan in the mall, Mr. Tim Jones, COO, Arabian Center, said: "We are very happy that Matalan chose Arabian Center to launch its first store in the UAE. We are certain that the opening of Matalan will provide our valued customers with more choice while shopping for fashion."
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study