Matalan opens store in UAE
United Kingdom's number one value department store, Matalan, has made its entry into UAE market, opening its first store at the Arabian Center Mall today. Mr. Guy Warrington, HM Consul General - British Embassy, Dubai, officially launched the store at a grand event, attended by dignitaries and high profile people of the city-state.
Mr. Alistair McGeorge, CEO Matalan, said: "The Arabian Center offers Matalan a great opening into the UAE market. As one of UK's fastest growing retail brands, we are very positive about the brand's reception here."
Established in UK in 1985, Matalan, a leading clothing and home-ware retailer, is distributed in the Middle East by the Business Trading Company (BTC). The new store is one of the largest stores in the Arabian Center Mall, and would offer an eclectic range of products for children, men, women and the elderly under a same roof.
Welcoming Matalan in the mall, Mr. Tim Jones, COO, Arabian Center, said: "We are very happy that Matalan chose Arabian Center to launch its first store in the UAE. We are certain that the opening of Matalan will provide our valued customers with more choice while shopping for fashion."
New Zealand News
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19