Nurses lodge collective grievance
It has been told to nurses that they will have to now spend more time working at weekends for making performance of the organization better and following this nurses working for NHS Direct have lodged a collective grievance.
Rota changes have affected nurses who work on part-time basis for the triage service and these are about 80 and mostly band 6.
Out of eight weekends, nurses will have to work for five weekends on part-time basis and this is just the same as it is for full time staff. The present trend is that on a pro rata basis the number of weekends worked by part time staff is worked out.
At weekends there is an increase in demand in work, according to NHS Direct chief nurse Tricia Hamilton.
She said, “We appreciate that this may not be a welcome change for some of our staff and we are doing everything we can to support them and answer any questions they may have.”
There were key performance indicators, KPIs, which were put in the contract and for not able to meet all of the KPIs, the service has recently been fined £1.1m and issued with a warning.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network