Nurses lodge collective grievance
It has been told to nurses that they will have to now spend more time working at weekends for making performance of the organization better and following this nurses working for NHS Direct have lodged a collective grievance.
Rota changes have affected nurses who work on part-time basis for the triage service and these are about 80 and mostly band 6.
Out of eight weekends, nurses will have to work for five weekends on part-time basis and this is just the same as it is for full time staff. The present trend is that on a pro rata basis the number of weekends worked by part time staff is worked out.
At weekends there is an increase in demand in work, according to NHS Direct chief nurse Tricia Hamilton.
She said, “We appreciate that this may not be a welcome change for some of our staff and we are doing everything we can to support them and answer any questions they may have.”
There were key performance indicators, KPIs, which were put in the contract and for not able to meet all of the KPIs, the service has recently been fined £1.1m and issued with a warning.
New Zealand News
- German automaker Volkswagen invests $620 million in Northvolt to secure EV battery supply
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power
- Stellantis reportedly in talks with Rome to build gigafactory in Italy
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands