Emirates Airline inks ‘Code Share Partnership’ with V Australia
Dubai-based Emirates Airline has entered into a code share partnership with Virgin Blue Group’s new international airline, V Australia, on the trans-Tasman route applicable from 25, October 2009.
The code share agreement, which is Emirates’ first with an Australian carrier – will provide V Australia guests connections when traveling between New Zealand and the USA.
Under the arrangement, V Australia will market the seats allocated to it under the code share agreement. The code share flights will be identified with the Emirates ‘EK’ code as well as with V Australia’s ‘VA’ code.
With the pact, now the passengers can travel on the Trans-Tasman sector using Emirates’ service and connect conveniently to/from V Australia’s international service between Sydney and Los Angeles.
It should be noted that apart from this, Emirates Airline has other code share agreements with Air India, Air Malta, Air Mauritius, Continental Airlines, Japan Airlines, Jet Airways, Korean Airlines, Oman Air, Philippine Airlines, Royal Air Maroc, South African Airways and Thai Airways.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network