Overweight May Put the Health of Expectant Mother and Baby at Risk
According to a new research at the University of Bristol, it was revealed that obesity during pregnancy lasts a lifetime. However, gaining weight during pregnancy is important for her health and even for the health of unborn child. But gaining more weight during pregnancy may put them at increased risk of becoming obese.
The study enrolled 3,877 women over 16 years after their pregnancy and it was unveiled that women who have gained more weight during their pregnancy were three times more likely to be overweight. Conversely, women who gained less weight during their pregnancy were at lower risk of becoming obese. Despite of being obese, sometimes women also developed with other health problems such as high blood pressure later in life.
Dr. Abigail Fraser, the lead researcher, asserted, "Our findings suggest that regular monitoring of weight in pregnancy may need to be reconsidered because it provides a window of opportunity to prevent health problems later in life’.
The guidelines of the NHS have included the dietary chart of pregnant women which suggests the energy intake of 1,940 calories per day in initial six months of pregnancy.
Meanwhile, it was also revealed that overweight women may have complications in giving birth to child.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power