Region’s hotel hub – UAE
According to the August 2009 STR Global Construction Pipeline Report, UAE is home to nearly 50% of the hotel development pipeline for the Middle East/Africa (MEA).
The total pipeline includes 468 hotels comprising 126,464 rooms, out of which 59,543 rooms (47%) are located in the UAE.
The second largest number of rooms in the pipeline was recorded by Saudi Arabia, accounting for 11,110.
STR vice president - content management - Duane Vinson said: "In the Middle East, the UAE is exploding on the scene with four times the projects in the 'In Construction' phase compared with its closest competitor, Saudi Arabia."
"With 54 projects currently being built in Dubai alone, they are poised to be a major factor in the pipeline for years to come."
Astonishingly, the only one region, of the five analyzed, that had the largest percentage of its hotel pipeline in the luxury segment was the Middle East/Africa region.
"The Luxury segment accounted for 25.1% (31,706 rooms); the Unaffiliated segment made up 24.3% (30,739 rooms); the Upscale segment comprised 21.2% (26,829 rooms); and the Upper Upscale segment contributed 17.2% (21,791 rooms) to the total active pipeline, which includes projects in the In Construction, Final Planning and Planning phases," said a source.
In the meantime, the economic segment, has only 3095 rooms 'In Construction" and comprises 6294 rooms (5%) of the total active pipeline.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids