Local Government bestowed with Greater Responsibilities
The health council has finally decided to give utmost authority and control to family doctors and councils. As per their decision the local government will now be responsible for public health and will have the right to scrutinize local health bodies such as hospital trusts and, more importantly it will influence GPs in their new role as representative of health services.
The Local Government Association after assuming its role is pushing GPs to "consult and co-operate" with health and wellbeing boards, and boards to sign off local commissioning plans before they are sent to the national commissioning board.
It is believed that even though the local government has been bestowed with greater responsibility there are numerous obstacles in the path of local government to form influencing health plans. It has been told that Managers will be required to build relations with GPs in order to form influential health plans.
Moreover, the Managers would have to struggle to understand why local politics should matter to the NHS. Additionally the local government has asked GPs to maintain a focus on the patients, councils and they have been asked to address the needs of the entire community.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies