A Pomegranate a Day Keeps the Doctor Away
In a study conducted at Queen Margaret University, Edinburg, researchers found that having a drink of pomegranate juice lowers stress hormones and reduces blood pressure.
The fruit is pack filled with nutrient that provides people benefits that are good for health and aging. The study analyzed 60 participants all from a range of working environments. It was reported that after having the drink the participants felt more enthusiastic and less distressed.
Scientists have claimed that pomegranate juice can help to fight cancer, heart disease and the aging process. Pomegranates are high in antioxidants, which are chemicals that help neutralize harmful oxygen molecules-called free radicals.
The participants were less likely to describe their feelings as stressed, nervous and ashamed compared to two weeks ago. Their pulse rates were also much lower than before.
"On the basis of these findings there is a justified argument for busy workers to drink pomegranate juice to help alleviate chronic stress and maintain good health," states the lead researcher, Dr Emad Al-Dujaili, of Queen Margaret University in Edinburgh.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain