A Pomegranate a Day Keeps the Doctor Away
In a study conducted at Queen Margaret University, Edinburg, researchers found that having a drink of pomegranate juice lowers stress hormones and reduces blood pressure.
The fruit is pack filled with nutrient that provides people benefits that are good for health and aging. The study analyzed 60 participants all from a range of working environments. It was reported that after having the drink the participants felt more enthusiastic and less distressed.
Scientists have claimed that pomegranate juice can help to fight cancer, heart disease and the aging process. Pomegranates are high in antioxidants, which are chemicals that help neutralize harmful oxygen molecules-called free radicals.
The participants were less likely to describe their feelings as stressed, nervous and ashamed compared to two weeks ago. Their pulse rates were also much lower than before.
"On the basis of these findings there is a justified argument for busy workers to drink pomegranate juice to help alleviate chronic stress and maintain good health," states the lead researcher, Dr Emad Al-Dujaili, of Queen Margaret University in Edinburgh.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden