Mrs. Bala’s Case Likely to Go to Court with Ageas to Have Denied Liability
Forty-seven-year-old, Sudesh Bala, an employee at Shobha UK Ltd, a catering company in Luton, was severely burned on her back, buttocks and groin when she fell into an industrial cooking pot that contained 50kg of steaming hot chicken curry on October 9th, 2010.
Mrs. Bala, who was severely injured by the incident, was working under pressure that day in order to serve nearly 500 guests at an exhibition in Birmingham.
It is reported that Mrs. Bala was alone in the kitchen when she slipped into the pot containing hot curry. Unable to climb out of the pot by herself, Mrs. Bala was forced to wait for more than 10 minutes until her colleagues were able to rescue her. Following the incident Mrs. Bala has not been able to work as a result of her injuries.
Though Mrs. Bala was later treated for injuries, she has suffered mental and emotional trauma from the experience. Even after having worked for more than 10 years for Shobha UK Ltd, she never received any health and safety training from the company.
Mrs. Bala has since decided to seek from Shobha UK Ltd. However, Ageas, the company's insurer has decided to take the case to court, with Ageas denying any form of liability in her case.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies