Newcastle’s Town Moor Turns Pink in Annual Race for Life
Annual Race for Life saw 7000 women taking part in the event which was organized by the Cancer Research UK at Newcastle’s Town Moor. The main attraction of the event was thousands of women, who adorned pink as their theme color for the occasion and this turned the town Moor in to a beautiful sea of pink.
This year marked 2000 more volunteers as compared to the last year. The venue of the event was changed from Exhibition Park to Town Moor due to the building renovation. The event started with a mass warm up, followed by the narration of motivational stories from cancer survivors and also from researchers who were doing study in this matter.
The Director of the Northern Institute for Cancer Research, Professor Andy Hall, told that these kinds of events are essential to raise the funds and apart from making payments to the staff and for the maintenance of the building, everything is paid by charities such as Cancer Research UK.
Talking about the ‘only women’ factor, he said that every women who took part in the race has been raising money and when all the amount is put together, it does create a difference and if men would be included then it would take the form of competition which the event is absolutely not, so it’s very important to let some events for women only.
Event Manager Holly Howey informed that the event was a big success.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden