Dentist’s whine to become painless
Within weeks decaying of teeth can be repaired and this will make filling a painless procedure, scientists have claimed as they have been able to identify a material which will do so.
The original growth of enamel will be followed the way it happens naturally by ‘filling without drilling’ method. A team at Leeds University's Dental Institute in the UK has devised this.
Tooth will now be painted with a natural protein in a liquid that will be reproduced by scientists as tooth enamel forms around protein molecules.
Researchers stated that only a week’s time is taken for the enamel layer to get restored.
Lead researcher Jennifer Kirkham said, “The results that have now been analyzed show there is a clear benefit, clear repair of those decayed lesions within a month of a single application of the material and the results are highly significant.”
For the procedure to get used throughout the world the technology has been licensed by a Swiss company and dental surgeries will be using it.
Professor Paul Brunton, from Leeds Dental Institute, said that there is a fear among people when it comes to visiting a dentist as dental treatments are associated with pain but now no more.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network