Who Will Win The Fight: Bugs or Us?
Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report for this week is published. Though report highlighted CDC scientists being happy upon the reduction of inappropriate use of antibiotic drugs in children as compared to the figures of early 1990s, many children worldwide are also being prescribed with antibiotics to treat their colds and otitis.
CDC report concluded the above fact in a heading, which said that "Inappropriate antibiotic use anywhere leads to antibiotic resistance everywhere and reducing inappropriate antibiotic use is a global responsibility."
Moreover, one more truth came out today in morning newspaper New York Times, which said that researchers from Ontario have recently concluded that the 30,000-year-old bacteria, which had been perfectly preserved in permafrost in Canada's Yukon Territory by professionals, is genetically capable of defeating the antimicrobials, over which human territory would have relied to get survival clues against such bacterial infections.
Regarding the situation, Professor Gerard D. Wright of McMaster University told the Times that antibiotic resistance plays a very important role in natural environmental science of the entire planet and thus the above findings will act as cautionary notes suggesting us how and when we should make use of these things.
Wright also added in his statement to the Canadian Broadcasting Company that with the help of this ancient genetic preparation, professionals will also try to clear the fact as how pathogens became highly resistant and that too so quickly.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network