www.meningitis.org help people to know meningitis
In the Republic of Ireland and the UK, around 3300 cases of bacterial meningitis and septicaemia take place every year, according to estimates.
A website has been made to help people know more about the symptoms of meningitis as there is information on how to keep this disease away.
If there are questions in the minds of those who see the website, there is trained staff to answer all the queries as the Meningitis Research Foundation has a 24-hour helpline to dos so.
Norma McCarthy lost both her legs after she was diagnosed with meningitis and is spreading awareness on how to figure out the signs of meningitis as it is a potentially killer disease.
She feels that if people know the symptoms then there will be more chances of stopping the disease there and then. The Double amputee states that the symptoms of meningitis are similar to the flu or a hangover and include fever, vomiting, dislike of bright lights and neck stiffness and a rash.
She is 27-year-old and states that nothing has stopped her from doing what she wants to do but she wants others to manage the condition in time.
She said, “The most important advice I can give to anyone is to take the awareness message seriously. Know the symptoms and you could save a life. If someone is not feeling well take them to the hospital because it can be detected.”
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies