Pink Month Celebrations to Begin Shortly
As October is drawing near, organizers of breast cancer awareness are all set to celebrate the month with zeal and enthusiasm. It has been informed that with the pursuit of bringing awareness among women, Gisborne’s town will be coloured pink.
Every year, New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation’s Pink Appeal is celebrated to raise funds for the breast cancer research. This time the event will be a part of Global Illumination Campaign. In partnership, the significant buildings of the world will be colored in pink to aware people about breast cancer.
Significant buildings, which were colored pink earlier, included famous monuments like Auckland’s Sky Tower, Big Ben in London, the Eiffel Tower in Paris and Empire State Building in New York.
It has been informed that the National Illuminate Campaign and the annual Pink Ribbon Street Appeal Day will be celebrated on the same date, 14th of October, 2011. Every year millions of women succumb to death because of breast cancer.
The best treatment could be providing to women for breast cancer only if it is diagnosed timely. Therefore, timely detection is the key for survival. However, with the advancement in science many new techniques have been found to treat the disease. But the lack of awareness is marring the breast cancer patients. Therefore, efforts are required to be made in providing awareness about breast cancer.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids