Movies with Smoke Content to Be Banned For Kids Under 18
It has been announced by the British Thoracic Society that the movies showing cigarette smoking will be given 18 certificates which means the CD of the movie won’t be sold or bought by kids under the age of 18.
The decision has been made keeping in my mind the hazardous impacts of smoke over the health of a person. There is no doubt that media plays a vital role in shaping the thinking of a person and forming ones personality. Experts are of the view that glamorous display of the use of smoke may lure the kids in to the habit of smoking.
But there are some who believe that by abstaining kids from watching a movie, just because of health issues seems to be an illogical decision. They are of the opinion that the by doing so the British Thoracic Society is hindering kids from enjoying a piece of art.
The decision of restricting kids from watching movie with adult content was made when it was found by the Bristol University of UK that the 5,166 adolescents adopted smoking behavior by watching movies. The figures were drawn considering the other factors responsible for smoking in teenagers which include genes, family background and friend circle.
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies