Movies with Smoke Content to Be Banned For Kids Under 18
It has been announced by the British Thoracic Society that the movies showing cigarette smoking will be given 18 certificates which means the CD of the movie won’t be sold or bought by kids under the age of 18.
The decision has been made keeping in my mind the hazardous impacts of smoke over the health of a person. There is no doubt that media plays a vital role in shaping the thinking of a person and forming ones personality. Experts are of the view that glamorous display of the use of smoke may lure the kids in to the habit of smoking.
But there are some who believe that by abstaining kids from watching a movie, just because of health issues seems to be an illogical decision. They are of the opinion that the by doing so the British Thoracic Society is hindering kids from enjoying a piece of art.
The decision of restricting kids from watching movie with adult content was made when it was found by the Bristol University of UK that the 5,166 adolescents adopted smoking behavior by watching movies. The figures were drawn considering the other factors responsible for smoking in teenagers which include genes, family background and friend circle.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network