Kylie Minogue to Receive Doctorate of Health Sciences
Popular 42-year-old pop icon Kylie Minogue will be honored with the Doctorate of Health Sciences degree. The celebrity herself has been a survivor of breast cancer and will be honored for her contribution in spreading awareness about breast cancer.
Ms. Minogue is one of the 12 candidates who will receive the degree. In her 20 years of singing career, Ms. Minogue gained popularity for 30 songs which were charted in the top chartbusters of the UK. She contracted the disease in 2005, and had undergone a surgery and several chemotherapy sessions.
Along with Ms. Minogue, many other celebrities and sportspersons will be honored at the university's graduation ceremonies in Chelmsford and Cambridge in presence of 2,500 students of the university.
On Tuesday, Novelist Jilly Cooper was honored with Doctorate of Letters and on Thursday, accessories designer Anya Hindmarch will be acknowledged with Doctor of Arts. Mark Foster, the five-time winner at Olympics, will also be appreciated.
As per the Vice Chancellor of Anglia Ruskin University, Professor Michael Thorne, "We make honorary awards to individuals of extraordinary talent who have made an outstanding contribution to their chosen field of endeavor".
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies