Meningococcal Disease Taking Toll on Northland
It seems like Northland has become victim of meningococcal disease as till now, ten cases of it has been registered. The diseases have killed about three peoples. It has been reported that a five years old boy has been admitted with the symptoms of meningococcal disease.
An investigation has begun to understand if the boy is at risk of succumbing to death. On October 7, 2011, the boy was admitted to the hospital with symptoms of meningococcal disease. His condition was stable on 7th of October but gradually it began to deteriorate.
The medical experts examining boy’s health condition informed that the boy was brought to the hospital by his parents, who were aware of the symptoms of diseases. The medical practitioners have for long been warning people to get themselves tested if they come in contact with meningococcal disease. Its symptoms include fever, sleepiness, floppiness, hard to wake, refusing drink or food, vomiting and a rash.
With pursuit of warding off the strains of meningococcal disease from student, free vaccination to 4,000 students has already been provided by the Northland authorities. Moreover, those who have not been benefited by the vaccinations would be able to get it for free of cost today.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power