Movember in Full Swing
If anyone was proud of his whiskers, it is now time show off. For those who've always wanted to grow one but couldn't for some reason, Movember brings a host of opportunities to explore the wonders of sporting upper lip foliage.
The month of Movember, starting November 1, is an initiative to create awareness about men's health, especially prostate cancer.
This movement has taken global proportions and has helped raise millions of dollars in support of prostate cancer and depression in men. The Mo Bros, the name the participants go by, shave themselves clean and spend the entire growing and grooming their moustache in an attempt to raise funds for the Prostate Cancer Charity.
Prostate cancer affects mainly older men. It is a form of cancer which develops in the prostate gland of the male reproductive system. In more than 66% of the cases, it is a slow growing cancer which does not have any symptoms. However, not all cases are like that.
Members of the congregation of a York church and the workers at The Press will go clean shaved on the first day of Movember. Members of St Paul's Church in Holgate will be a part of the festivities too and the church will hold a Men's Health Party on November 15.
There will also be an event at the Old White Swan, Goodramgate on Tuesday, November 29, from 7 pm, for the entire Mo clan to get together and show off their month's toil.
More than 447,000 MO Bros were supporting the cause all over the world and were able to raise more than £48.6 million with their efforts.
A spokesperson for the charity said: "Movember will continue to work towards helping to change established habits and attitudes and make men aware of the risks they face, thereby increasing early detection, diagnosis and effective treatment."
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies