Beware! This Winters Might Be Particularly Dangerous
It has been revealed in recent reports that the winter this year is going to be extremely ruthless and this might be a reason for the measures being taken by the health authorities of the vicinity.
They have issued guidelines for the protection of the elderly towards cold and flu. It has been revealed that elderly people are one of the most vulnerable groups in terms of immunity, and there is need for effectively protecting them from infection to the disease. People are being encouraged to take effective vaccination for themselves and their family against the disease. There is also need for effectively safeguarding the homes and masking them more cozy and comfortable this winter.
According to statistics, about 27000 extra people die due to the cold weather in UK each year. There is need for bringing down these figures with staying prepared to face the chilly weather conditions.
The Health Secretary Andrew Lansley is of the view that this is a positive step towards safeguarding the people, who area at high risk of falling ill this season. There is need for people to listen to weather forecasts properly and stay at homes and under shelter, where there is particularly harsh weather conditions expected.
Older people and those with long-term illnesses are particularly vulnerable to the cold and we need to be aware - within families, in communities and across the NHS - of how we can help others when the winter temperatures drop”, he said further. The government is making its efforts to safeguard the health and safety of people. Now it’s their turn to take care of themselves and abide by the guidelines to stay fit and healthy and enjoy the enigmatic winter.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies